Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Been busy, gonna get busier

Tomorrow is the official end of my summer - back to "work," for lack of a better word. But I don't have class on Mondays or Fridays, so I think I'll still be able to get quite a bit done on the house. We'll see...

I've been back and forth from the site a couple times already this week; once to deal with some mis-delivered ipe (a fiasco that I will describe in another post) and then the last couple of days to finish working on the roof and continue in the basement. Here is the current state of things: septic installation was inspected this morning and approved, and Jim the Excavator covered everything up and we're all set there; Heath and Derrick from Hardy Telecom - two of the most pleasant and enjoyable guys I have come across so far on this project, and I've met some pretty great people - got my phone up and running on Thursday (and then Heath and Crystal, one of the waitresses at the Lost River B&G, got married on Friday - nice); Allegheny Power pulled my line up to the house (but haven't connected the pole at the bottom to their grid yet - argh); I got some insulation and drywall up in the stairwell so Quelman and Juan Carlos could start framing the stairs, which are now half done; today I got the rest of the insulation up on the walls; and I'm halfway finished with The Interesting Narrative of the Life of Olaudah Equiano, or Gustavus Vassa, the African, written by Himself. (It's interesting so far.) Forgot my camera, so no new pics. Oh, and I installed the microwave over the range.

But Marc reminds me that I haven't posted many photos of the state of the inside of the house lately. So here goes:

Framed basement (looking from the stairwell through the rec room, and then back toward the stairwell):




Looking down the hallway:


Into the small bedroom (designed as a bunkroom for kids, but currently storing our pocket door kits and our bamboo stair treads):


Mechanical room (orange pex in the floor are the ends of the radiant loops):


Rough-plumbed bathroom (with a recessed light can on the floor because its planned location in the ceiling has a 2x12 running through it...):


Into the big bedroom (which is home to a LOT of construction materials at the moment, though most of that insulation has made its way into the walls):


The newly-drywalled stairwell (sans stairs):



1 comment:

Windows And Doors said...

love your blog and your beautiful photography!
Windows And Doors Las Vegas