Monday, September 10, 2007

In (un)related news

I have been limiting this blog to house-related posts. And this only barely qualifies as house-related. Left my wallet in my unlocked car last night after I got home from WV, and somebody took it. So I'm dealing with canceling all my cards this morning. I thought I'd probably just left it in WV until I saw this activity on my debit card (for our LostRiverModern operating account) this morning:

09-10 *DEBIT AUTHORIZATION
AT 06:22 MCDONALD'S M5008 O HYATTSVILLE $ 1.37
09-10 *DEBIT AUTHORIZATION
AT 06:20 MCDONALD'S M5008 O HYATTSVILLE $ 1.58
09-10 *DEBIT AUTHORIZATION
AT 03:00 CITGO 7-ELEVEN STO COLLEGE PARK $ 14.16
09-10 *DEBIT AUTHORIZATION
AT 02:16 CITGO 7-ELEVEN STO COLLEGE PARK $ 2.35
09-10 *DEBIT AUTHORIZATION
AT 01:44 CITGO 7-ELEVEN STO COLLEGE PARK $ 11.11
09-10 *DEBIT AUTHORIZATION
AT 01:39 CITGO 7-ELEVEN STO COLLEGE PARK $ 1.49

Twelve thousand dollars in this account and this is what some knucklehead does with it. I hate debit cards, I've always gotten all my ATM cards as ATM only so when I lose them people can't drain my account, and I didn't do it this time for this account.

I'll probably have some time to post today while I'm on hold dealing with all this....

1 comment:

Mama Hoggett said...

ugh - so frustrating. same thing happened to both marc and me in D.C. but they went on a bigger spending spree. we've been anti-debit card since then. at least in california they make you show ID whenever you use a credit or a debit card...guess the rules are a little more lax at 7-eleven at mcd's. ;-)

nice progress on the house!
m.