Friday, February 22, 2008

Enter Sandman

While the guys were putting in the stove I was sanding my taped drywall seams downstairs. I've never done drywall on this scale before, and I felt like the Karate Kid by the time I was done. ("Show me 'sand the floor.'") But I got the walls done, and that meant I could get the second pass with mud finished before I left. Ceilings still need to be sanded - not looking forward to that. The tv room from both sides:




Back bedroom from both sides:




Hallway:


And stairs:


I still have some inside corners on the ceiling that need to be mudded and taped (those are the hardest), but I'm almost there.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely awesome. I love your blog. It's interesting to see someone post up their personal experience putting together one of these modular prefabs. I guess it was naive of me to think that no one would tackle such a project nowadays.

I'm currently doing several written pieces on a prefab home company for a university course- and this is just the kind of thing I was looking for: personal experience.

Chris said...

Thanks! Where are you in school? Which prefab company have you been looking at?

Unknown said...

Well I'm at the University of Toronto and I'm currently looking at Viceroy Homes. They are little different in terms of structure (looks more like a traditional home).