And it looks pretty great.
That's Carter on the left, one of Craig's friends who we've recruited to help (Craig is standing on the compressor - we're probably going to need scaffolding soon). Carter and Craig are both good carpenters (and Carter is a yo-yo expert). The white gap in the siding is cut for an exterior outlet.
It's going up pretty quickly. We're using a finish nail gun and 2.5" finish nails, though most folks recommend that you hand nail to avoid splitting. We've found that the nailer is doing just fine, and the marks the nailer sometimes leaves aren't a problem since we're blind nailing the siding (each board rests on the board below it, and only the tongue at the top gets nailed, which is then covered by the groove of the next board).
Our plan was to put the trim boards on the vertical corners first, but since the roof eave isn't finished yet, we can't install the trim boards (they extend all the way to the top). So we'll put all the siding on and then rip it even at the edges with a skill saw when we're ready to get the trim on.
The window/door trim is also ready to go on. I've waffled a bit about how to fasten it. Ideally there would be no visible fasteners (and I think that's Res4's preference, too). But the trim is thick and heavy (2x2 cedar), and the fasteners also need to go through the gooey window tape. So we've decided on stainless torque screws, which will be regularly spaced and should accent the drip edges and the door hardware.