I spent a lot of time on my roof today (yawping for only the occasional miss with my hammer). I got my roofing estimate back from the roofer who did The Plains House. Took a lot of phone calls (which are a pain here at the site) - I think this is a relatively small job for them so I'm not a huge priority. But they know exactly what I need, and they are apparently very good (if not prompt in getting out estimates). One of the headaches here is that their original bid (which they never sent me) included time and materials for framing out the eave. But then their "boss" told the roofer in charge of my estimate that they won't do the carpentry ("we're not carpenters"). So I'm doing it. And hopefully they'll be out here soon.
This is what the roof line looks like under the housewrap with the rubber membrane pulled back:
I have to build out the eave, which means adding a strip of sheathing, a 2x3 and a 2x6, and an aluminum vent:
The roofers will then hand-shape galvalume flashing across the entire eave (all four sides of the house):
Rubber membrane tacked down onto the eave: